[comp.sys.mac.programmer] TMON

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (05/02/88)

Well, folks on the net were very nice about pointing me to TMON as the
correct debugger for a MacII.  Thanks.  The problem is I have the MacII
version, but it won't work!

I suspect that it's something in the User Area that doesn't know about all
the bits that a 19" screen has to have.  Especially in 8-bit color.

Unfortunately, the User Area stuff is written for MPW, and I have
Lightspeed C.  I can't even read the stuff except in a file editor, which
means it's more trouble than I can stand.

Anybody know how to build a User Area in LSC?  Is this my problem at all?

What TMON does, by the way, is crash the system (you don't even get to
finish drawing the box for the bomb), as soon as you pick Monitor, or
as soon as you double-click with no modifier.

---
Kevin O'Gorman ( kevin@kosman ) voice: 805-984-8042
  Vital Computer Systems, 5115 Beachcomber, Oxnard, CA  93035

spencer@spline.eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) (05/04/88)

I would call ICOM, if I were you.  I used TMON with a Supermac screen
on a Mac II with no problem (either with the Supermac as the primary
screen or with the regular Apple video card as the primary screen).

=Spencer (spencer@crim.eecs.umich.edu)

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han, fire fighter) (05/05/88)

In article <854@zippy.eecs.umich.edu> spencer@spline.eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:

>I would call ICOM, if I were you.  I used TMON with a Supermac screen
>on a Mac II with no problem (either with the Supermac as the primary
>screen or with the regular Apple video card as the primary screen).
>
>=Spencer (spencer@crim.eecs.umich.edu)

What version of MacsBug are you using?  I am using MacsBug 6.0B1 with
an Apple monitor as the primary grafDevice and a SuperMac Spectrum as
the secondary monitor.

--
Byron Han,  Communications Tool            "OS/2 - Half of an operating system."
Apple Computer, Inc. MS 27Y                -------------------------------------

paulr@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Paul T Russell) (05/25/90)

I just discovered that TMON doesn't work with my new
Apple 8.24 video board on a Mac II. It's also pretty
flakey on a IIci. Presumably this has something to do
with 32 bit QuickDraw ? I seem to remember that at last
year's Developer Conference (May 89) that ICOM were
previewing TMON 3.0 - anyone know what happened to this ?
Have ICOM abandoned TMON or what ? (Please don't tell
me I have to go back to using MacsBug :-(.)

//Paul
--
           Paul Russell, Department of Experimental Psychology
         University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QG, England