[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MicroPhone II & Telnet

es2q+@andrew.cmu.edu (Erik Warren Selberg) (05/27/90)

(this would be in EMail, but as I can't find Leonard's address.....)

is there any way for the _release_ version of MP IIv3.0 to access telnet,
and if so is there some way to telnet in without using messy IP numbers?

thanks much!

#========##========##========##========*========##========##========##========#
# MegaloErik: Loosing contact with VICE 10...  Welcome to Andrew!             #
# ARPA: es2q+@andrew.cmu.edu  Fido: 129/107  BBS: Mac @ Night  (412) 268-5534 #
#   GEnie: E.SELBERG   Delphi: LORDERIK   CIS: 71470,2127   MacList: 6009/1   #
#========##========##========##========*========##========##========##========#

...48 hours of continuous study have proven that Elvis is alive and teaching
math at CMU.

amanda@mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (05/29/90)

In article <EaLpSxa00WB_MaFUs9@andrew.cmu.edu>, es2q+@andrew.cmu.edu (Erik
Warren Selberg) writes:
> is there any way for the _release_ version of MP IIv3.0 to access telnet,
> and if so is there some way to telnet in without using messy IP numbers?

The InterCon Telnet Driver works with MP II 3.0 and allows it to work over
a Telnet connection.  It can use DNS, the MacTCP hosts file, or a
MicroPhone-specific hosts file (sample scripts with dialogs that manipulate
it are included).  Single quantity price is $149.00, with discounts for
educational institutions and government agencies.  Site licensing is
available.

For more information, contact:

InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890 (voice) / 703.709.9896 (Fax)
[note: don't ask for me if all you want is literature :-)...]

--
Amanda Walker, InterCon Systems Corporation