[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THINK Pascal interfaces

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (05/30/90)

In article <1043@gargoyle.uchicago.edu>, dawyd@gargoyle.uchicago.edu (David Walton) writes...
>In article <41411@apple.Apple.COM> anderson@Apple.COM (Clark Anderson) writes:
[...]
>>LSP doesn't know what a SysEnvPtr is.
>
>Use a SysEnvRec, not a SysEnvPtr.  IM Vol V is incorrect in its
>declaration, at least as far as I can tell.  Check out Tech Note 129.

I had the same problem and came up with the same 'solution'.

While this is just an error in IM, it would be nice if THINK Pascal included
proper interface files for the stuff that's defined internally in THINK Pascal.
I remember when I ran across this problem I went to look for the interface
definition of the SysEnvirons() call.  No dice.  When THINK P. defines
something internally, they just have a blank file for the interface.  Why not
put the proper interfaces in, so that we can see exactly what THINK P. wants,
and comment them out, so that it doesn't interfere with whatever mechanism is
currently in place?

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =