[comp.sys.mac.programmer] I give up

ccc_ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) (05/28/90)

I was trying to download the keyboard diagrams from AppleLink, and I
found what looks like a problem with one of them--namely, the Enhanced
ADB Italian keyboard: AppleLink (4.0, we haven't got 5.0 in NZ yet)
reports a problem trying to read the file info (or something like that).

I tried reporting this to MacDTS, and got a message back telling me
to refer my "problem" to European (!) Developer Tech Support.

So much for trying to be helpful. They can stuff it.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Computer Services Dept                    fone: +64-71-562-889
University of Waikato                      fax: +64-71-384-066
Hamilton, New Zealand            electric mail: ldo@waikato.ac.nz

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (05/29/90)

In article <593.26614be6@waikato.ac.nz> ccc_ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) writes:
>I was trying to download the keyboard diagrams from AppleLink, and I
>found what looks like a problem with one of them--namely, the Enhanced
>ADB Italian keyboard: AppleLink (4.0, we haven't got 5.0 in NZ yet)
>reports a problem trying to read the file info (or something like that).
>
>I tried reporting this to MacDTS, and got a message back telling me
>to refer my "problem" to European (!) Developer Tech Support.
>
>So much for trying to be helpful. They can stuff it.

Lawrence,

I don't know what the reason was for suggesting that you contact your
local DTS office. Certainly referring you to Euro.DTS was wrong! I
think that whoever responded to your applelink got confused between
Austria and Australia.

In any case, I've forwarded your message above to my manager and to the
person in charge of most of the items in the Developer Services section
of AppleLink.  Hopefully, that will get everything sorted out.

In the future, if you have problems when dealing with DTS or any other
branch of Apple's Developer Support Group, you can send your comments
to Dave Szetela at SZETELA on AppleLink, or szetela@applelink.apple.com
on the InterNet.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions

ksand@appleoz.oz.au (Kent Sandvik) (05/31/90)

:
:    I don't know what the reason was for suggesting that you contact your
:    local DTS office. Certainly referring you to Euro.DTS was wrong! I
:    think that whoever responded to your applelink got confused between
:    Austria and Australia.

OK, I have posted on aus.mac that the channel to MACDTS in Australia is
AUSTDTS, i.e.  AUSTDTS@applelink.apple.com.  We are not pretending that
we could keep the same high standard as MACDTS, but each local
subsidiary should handle the first screening of DTS questions, and all
queries we can't handle are sent to MACDTS anyway.

Anyway, I kind of assume that NZ belongs to our region as well,
especially when we have many New Zealand based registered developers.
Please send all the DTS stuff to us, and we will provide the service.

Regards,
Kent

--
Kent Sandvik            --  Apple Australia Developer Tech Support
{uunet,mcvax}!munnari!appleoz.oz!ksand, ksand@appleoz.oz.au (OR ksand@apple.com)