[comp.sys.mac.programmer] IIci Trap dispatch Table

upl@gumby.cs.wisc.edu (Undergrad Projects Lab) (05/26/90)

I am working on a program which depends on the location of the IIci Trap
Dispatch Tables. The problem is, they don't seem to be in the place described
in IM IV (page 13). I have been able to find the OS Traps, but I need to know
where the Toolbox Traps are. Is there any one out there (APPLE?) who can give
me that info?

Thanks in advance,
Brad Koehn
"Fly like an Emu!"

tecot@Apple.COM (Ed Tecot) (05/31/90)

In article <4925@daffy.cs.wisc.edu> upl@gumby.cs.wisc.edu (Undergrad Projects Lab) writes:
>I am working on a program which depends on the location of the IIci Trap
>Dispatch Tables. The problem is, they don't seem to be in the place described
>in IM IV (page 13). I have been able to find the OS Traps, but I need to know
>where the Toolbox Traps are. Is there any one out there (APPLE?) who can give
>me that info?

"I can tell you, but I'll then I'll have to kill you."

Bad news.  The trap dispatch tables are not guaranteed to be in a certain
location.  They've been forced to move with each new ROM and system as the
size and format of the table grows.  You could probably reverse-engineer
the information for your particular ROM and system, but I can guarantee that
the location will change on other machines and in the future.

"There is another..."

Use NGetTrapAddress to access the dispatch table.  It always knows where to
find it, even if it's split into several pieces.

"Live long and prosper."

I hope I've helped you.

						_emt