[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Capture the welcome screen.

RP1VOPER@MIAMIU.BITNET (Rob Pickering) (06/02/90)

I'm pretty sure this should go here.

I'm attempting to get the default Apple Macintosh Welcome screen into

a MacPaint format.  Is there any way that I can do that.  The FKeys are not

loaded into the machine until after the screen appears, otherwise I could do

the screen capture fkey, this just gives me a blank desktop if I try it.

                          Thanks ahead of time,

                             -Rob

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (06/04/90)

In article <90153.095001RP1VOPER@MIAMIU.BITNET> RP1VOPER@MIAMIU.BITNET (Rob Pickering) writes:
>I'm pretty sure this should go here.
>I'm attempting to get the default Apple Macintosh Welcome screen into
>a MacPaint format.  Is there any way that I can do that.  The FKeys are not
>loaded into the machine until after the screen appears, otherwise I could do
>the screen capture fkey, this just gives me a blank desktop if I try it.

>                             -Rob

What you could do is write a simple INIT that loads and jsr's to your
favorite screen capture Fkey. Make the name of the INIT alphabetically
ahead of all your others, and when you reboot your fkey will be launched.
You have to be carefull about what fkey you use because some of the managers
are not initialized at startup and thus might not work.

If you can't write an INIT, send me mail and I'll hack one together. I've
been working on an INIT that loads and executes FKey's so I have all the
relevent code at hand.

Matthew Mora
SRI International                       mxmora@unix.sri.com