[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacRecorder, again

mm5l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Matthew Mashyna) (06/09/90)

I know this has been beaten to death before but, can anyone point me
to some source code for controlling the recorder ? I want to include
some sound capabilities in an application.

|Matt Mashyna        | As you see, science once again robs us of   |
|mm5l@andrew.cmu.edu | our jobs. They put a micro-chip in my place.|
|Carnegie Mellon     |                                             |

mikec@wheaties.ai.mit.edu (Mike E. Ciholas) (06/09/90)

In article <IaQ010W00WB40k00Vc@andrew.cmu.edu> mm5l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Matthew Mashyna) writes:
>I know this has been beaten to death before but, can anyone point me
>to some source code for controlling the recorder ? I want to include
>some sound capabilities in an application.
>Matt Mashyna

get the file info-mac/sound/program/sid.hqx from sumex-aim.stanford.edu
by anonymous ftp.  It has C source code for controlling (actually, its just
"listening") a SID or MacRecorder (they have the same interface).

The basics are:

Turn on the transmitters for the serial port so the recorder can get power.
Setup the serial input for external clock divide by one.

Then, just sit back and soak in bytes.

Mike Ciholas

email:  mikec@ai.mit.edu
snail:  289 Highland Ave, #108/Somerville, MA 02144
phone:  (617) 623-3563
air:    N1909C, 1954 Cessna 170B

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (06/12/90)

In article <IaQ010W00WB40k00Vc@andrew.cmu.edu>, mm5l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Matthew Mashyna) writes:
> I know this has been beaten to death before but, can anyone point me
> to some source code for controlling the recorder ? I want to include
> some sound capabilities in an application.

There is a MacRecorder Hacker's Toolkit in the Mac Developers section of CI$
which contains various drivers, utilities, and support tools for
Lightspeed C development of programs to use the Recorder.

Hope this helps.

--
 === Marvin Jones === Optilink Corp. === Petaluma, CA === 707.795.9444 X206 ===
 === UUCP: {uunet, tekbspa, pyramid, pixar}!optilink!jones ====================