[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Binhex and UnStuffIt source

tj@cs.ucla.edu (Tom Johnson) (06/11/90)

Does anyone have any source code for converting binhex files and
unstuffing StuffIt 1.5.1 files?  Preferably in c.

While I'm at it, could anyone recommend a good ftp source for
macintosh source code.  I'm especially interested in Think C classes.

Thanks---
   Tom
--
       Tom Johnson      UCLA Computer Science Department
			3413 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles CA 90024 (213)825-6952

dankg@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Dan KoGai) (06/12/90)

In article <36142@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> tj@cs.ucla.edu (Tom Johnson) writes:
>Does anyone have any source code for converting binhex files and
>unstuffing StuffIt 1.5.1 files?  Preferably in c.
>
>While I'm at it, could anyone recommend a good ftp source for
>macintosh source code.  I'm especially interested in Think C classes.
>
>Thanks---
>   Tom
>--
>       Tom Johnson      UCLA Computer Science Department
>			3413 Boelter Hall, Los Angeles CA 90024 (213)825-6952
>			UUCP:      {uunet,rutgers,ucbvax}!cs.ucla.edu!tj
>			Internet:  tj@cs.ucla.edu

dankg@sandstorm.Berkeley.EDU (Dan KoGai) (06/12/90)

In article <36142@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> tj@cs.ucla.edu (Tom Johnson) writes:
>Does anyone have any source code for converting binhex files and
>unstuffing StuffIt 1.5.1 files?  Preferably in c.

	For binhex, its code is available from mcvert1.05.  Look at hqxify.c
in its shar'd package.  Mcvert is also superior to original binhex because
of its far richer capability such as multiple (un)binhexing.
	For unstuffit code, take a look at unsit for unix.  Very original
Stuffit code by Raymond Lau is, of course unavailabe--Stuffit 1.5.1 is not
a freeware or PD and now Lau has made commercial version.
	Both are availabe via anonymous ftp sumex-aim.stanford.edu, directory
info-mac/unix.

Dan Kogai (dankg@ocf.berkeley.edu)