[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp 2.0 Final, Connectix Virtual

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (06/27/90)

In article <38313@cci632.UUCP> ph@cci632.UUCP (Pete Hoch) writes:
>Ralph Martin writes:
>> If MacApp programs built with the -Debug flag are run while Virtual is
>> running, the seem to crash into Macsbug with LockHandleHigh claiming
>> it wasnt given a proper handle, doing so in InitUMacApp. With Virtual
>> off, they run OK. Has anyone else noticed this problem, and do they
>> have any useful comments or suggestions to make, other than "Turn
>> Virtual off while debugging MacApp programs"? Are Connectix aware of
>> this problem? Is it their fault, or Apple's?
>
>I have had this problem with MPW and Virtual 2.0 since V2.0 was released.
>I spent about a week talking to thier tech support every day but they
>could not reproduce the problem in house.  I can reproduce this without
>MacApp, but it is definately an MPW interaction problem with V2.0.  I made
>a small test case that reproduced the problem on two diffrent machines
>at home, but when I sent them the test case they could not reproduce the
>bug.  At this point I gave up and rebooted a lot.  Last month rebooting
>got tiresome so I bought another 4 Meg and now I have an 8 Meg machine.
>Allthough 10-12 Meg was real fun.  If you come up with a solution or
>Connectix now have a corrected version out I would be very interested in
>hearing about it.

Get this! This is a good one: MPW 3.1 is only 23-bit clean. It'll hurl and
spew if you try to run it in memory above 8Meg. This problem will be fixed
in the next version of MPW.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions