[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Data Fork

wolf@mel.cipl.uiowa (06/29/90)

Are there any good manuals etc, on using the data fork in applications?

I have never tried to but it would be useful for some personal items I have.

hawley@adobe.COM (Steve Hawley) (06/29/90)

In article <1990Jun28.123830.1@mel.cipl.uiowa> wolf@mel.cipl.uiowa writes:
>Are there any good manuals etc, on using the data fork in applications?
>
>I have never tried to but it would be useful for some personal items I have.

This is really not too hard.  Just do get your application's name and do an
FSOpen().  Do not write to your data fork or your application will not work
on networked file servers (doom! death!).

Steve Hawley
hawley@adobe.com
--
"A blow on the head is... ...worth two in the bush." -Basil Fawlty