[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Updates to ThinkC and/or the UMPG

kenk@sunHd.tellabs.com (Ken Konecki) (06/28/90)

Not being on the internet, I have no access to anonymous ftp. That
said, I need to know how to get the upgrader for thinkC. I have
version 4.0 and would like to remain current.

In addition, a while ago there was discussion concerning the usenet
mac programmer's guide. Has it been released to the world? If so,
how can I get a copy?

Thanks,
    -Ken K
--
Ken Konecki
"Eat well, stay fit, and die anyway"

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (06/30/90)

In article <2876@tellab5.tellabs.com> kenk@sunHd.tellabs.com (Ken Konecki) writes:

>Not being on the internet, I have no access to anonymous ftp. That
>said, I need to know how to get the upgrader for thinkC. I have
>version 4.0 and would like to remain current.

I'm sure you could call Symantec and they will gladly upgrade your copy.
Rich Siegel could fill you in more but he must be busy. I haven't seen
anything posted from him in a while. (Maybe he doesn't want to help
because he might get flamed for not puting in a disclaimer;-)...)

Their number is (408) 253-9600

>In addition, a while ago there was discussion concerning the usenet
>mac programmer's guide. Has it been released to the world? If so,
>how can I get a copy?

No, it hasn't been released to the world. And maybe it has the wrong title.
The name seems to imply that it is a sanctioned product of the net. Its really
only a selections of articles taken from the net and stuffed into a book.
(May be it should be called the "A Programmers Guide to the Macintosh Galaxy")

It has a lot of useful articles ( and source code) that people have donated.
I find it invaluable and it just helped me solve my PBHGetcatinfo call
problem. (along with all the replies I received)

To anwser your question, the draft is done and it was sent out to people
who wanted to help edit it. Since I sent it out, I received a lot more
sample code to include. I haven't heard back from anyone that I sent it to
about whether they like it or don't like it. If you want I can send you
a draft copy or you can wait until its finished. Actualy this offer applies
to anyone on the net.

It will be posted to comp.sys.mac.binaries and to sumex when it is finished.

>Thanks,
>    -Ken K
>--
>Ken Konecki
>"Eat well, stay fit, and die anyway"
>e-mail:kenk@tellabs.com    -or-    ...!uunet!tellab5!kenk
>U.S. Mail: 1271 Portchester Circle, Carol Stream, IL 60188

My Discalimer I don't work for Symantec and I complied the UMPG.
( or should it be "MMMPG" Matt Mora's Macintosh Programmer Guide? :-))

Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com