[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Updates to ThinkC question

chuck@umiami.miami.edu (06/30/90)

In article <13657@unix.SRI.COM>, mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) writes:
> In article <2876@tellab5.tellabs.com> kenk@sunHd.tellabs.com (Ken Konecki)
> writes:
>>
>>Not being on the internet, I have no access to anonymous ftp. That
>>said, I need to know how to get the upgrader for thinkC. I have
>>version 4.0 and would like to remain current.
>
> I'm sure you could call Symantec and they will gladly upgrade your copy.
>
>>Thanks,
>>    -Ken K
>>--
> Matthew Mora

How *does* Symantec handle upgrades, including major ones?  Do they charge
for 'em?  I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I have never
considered buying THINK C up till now.  I did see something out there in
ftp land for THINK C - seemed like some kinda upgrade for the libraries.
Anyway, I really want to buy it, but I wanna know what the scoop is on
revisions.

Thanks.
   Chuck Urwiler    University of Miami Music Engineering   Voice & Keys
 chuck@umiami              |
 e1mvqi9z@umiamivm         | Go ahead, I DARE you to mail me something...
 chuck@umiami.miami.edu    |
 chuck@miavax.ir.miami.edu |
Disclaimer: I only work and learn at this University. I don't speak for it!

jwwalker@usceast.UUCP (Jim Walker) (06/30/90)

In article <6477.268b9e34@umiami.miami.edu> chuck@umiami.miami.edu writes:
>How *does* Symantec handle upgrades, including major ones?  Do they charge
>for 'em?

They charge for major upgrades (e.g., 3.0 to 4.0) but not minor upgrades.

Those who can't get the minor upgrades by FTP might consider subscribing to
CompuServe, which has a Symantec forum.  That forum is also a good place to
ask THINK C questions.

--

   Jim Walker  jwwalker@cs.scarolina.edu  76367.2271@compuserve.com