[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Berkeley sockets under MACOS

tobbe@isy.liu.se (Torbjorn Kronander) (07/04/90)

Does anyone know of an implementation of Berkeley Sockets above
MAC TCP/IP ?

Torbjorn Kronander			tobbe@isy.liu.se
Dept. of EE	Linkoping University    Sweden
ph +46 13 28 22 07

bellamy@covax.commerce.uq.oz.au (David Bellamy) (07/05/90)

In article <1990Jul4.074037.1267@isy.liu.se> tobbe@isy.liu.se (Torbjorn
Kronander) writes:
> Does anyone know of an implementation of Berkeley Sockets above
> MAC TCP/IP ?

Try anonymous ftp to madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca.  There is a socket
implementation in /pub/mac.sockets.sit.hqx.  I have not used it, just noticed it when grabbing their SMTP to QuickMail gateway (I have not installed that
either, yet).

David Bellamy   (bellamy@covax.commerce.uq.oz.au)
Department of Commerce, University of Queensland, AUSTRALIA.