[comp.sys.mac.programmer] More ResEdit 2.0b2 questions

ccc_ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) (07/09/90)

Another thing I find a little confusing is the "Get file/folder info..."
dialog. The only way to see the contents of a folder is to double-click
on it; there is no "open" button; this has been replaced by the
"get info" button.

There should really be two buttons, one for "open" and one for "get info".
Which one should be the default if you press return I wouldn't venture
say for sure, but I think it should be "open".

Also, can anyone explain why you get such awful crashes if you open
a System 7.0 system file while running under System 6.0.5, and vice
versa? It seems like it's a bug in ResEdit--the system is trying
to load one of its resources (perhaps the MBDF) and getting the
one from the wrong system file. Not necessarily an easy one to fix...

Lawrence D'Oliveiro                       fone: +64-71-562-889
Computer Services Dept                     fax: +64-71-384-066
University of Waikato            electric mail: ldo@waikato.ac.nz
Hamilton, New Zealand    37^ 47' 29" S, 175^ 19' 16" E, GMT+12:00
To someone with a hammer and a screwdriver, every problem looks
like a nail with threads.

roland@dna.lth.se (Roland Mansson) (07/10/90)

In article <972.26989b6d@waikato.ac.nz> ccc_ldo@waikato.ac.nz (Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Waikato University) writes:
>Also, can anyone explain why you get such awful crashes if you open
>a System 7.0 system file while running under System 6.0.5, and vice
>versa? It seems like it's a bug in ResEdit--the system is trying
>to load one of its resources (perhaps the MBDF) and getting the
>one from the wrong system file. Not necessarily an easy one to fix...

You need "ResEditFixer", a small INIT from Apple. It is copyrighted by Apple
so I don't can't post it, unless someone from Apple says it is OK. You can
find it on AppleLink.
--
Roland Mansson, Lund University Computing Center, Box 783, S220 07 Lund, Sweden
Phone: +46-46107436   Fax: +46-46138225   Bitnet: roland_m@seldc52