[comp.sys.mac.programmer] "different" controls for DLOGs

consp21@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Ken Hoover) (07/18/90)

  I'm working on a program where I'll need a double-arrow control to
step throuigh a set of values (like the RAM cache size control on the
Control Panel).  Can someone please tell me how these controls are
defined, either with RMaker code or ResEdit?  I'm working with THINK
Pascal 2.03, and have access to Turbo Pascal Mac (*ugh*) if necessary.

  Also, I would appreciate it if someone could explain (in a general
manner) the process of defining/creating/using your own controls.  For
me.

  E-mailed responses are fine.  I'll summarize if I get enough good examples.

						- Ken

Ken Hoover [ consp21@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu | consp21@bingvaxa.BITNET ]
     Resident computer jock and Mac hacker, SUNY-Binghamton Bio dept.
     Senior undergraduate consultant, SUNY-Binghamton Computer Center
          " Never trust a computer you can't lift. "  - Stan Masor

mxmora@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (07/18/90)

In article <3687@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp21@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Ken Hoover) writes:

>  I'm working on a program where I'll need a double-arrow control to
>step throuigh a set of values (like the RAM cache size control on the
>Control Panel).  Can someone please tell me how these controls are
>defined, either with RMaker code or ResEdit?  I'm working with THINK

I believe that the double arrow controls are not cdef's but are small
pictures. If you are going to use them in a dialog you create the pict
of a double arrow button (or copy the pict from the system file) into
your dialog in resedit. Make sure that the item is enabled and you set
the resid to the id of the pict

When you run your dialog,a click on your pict will return the itemhit.
You now need to calculate on what half your pict was clicked on.

This example probably won't help much but at least you won't have to create
a cdef.

Matthew Mora                |   my Mac  Matt_Mora@sri.com
SRI International           |  my unix  mxmora@unix.sri.com