[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Help to convert PLib libraries into new format ???

voirol@turtle.cis.ohio-state.edu (Philippe Voirol) (07/19/90)

Hello there,

Does somebody know how to convert the .PLib libraries from the PEdit
project that came with a previous LSP distribution disk to the new library
format of Think Pascal 3.0x (without any resource fork) ?

Is there no compatibility with the old library format, or am I missing
something ?

In fact, PLib is not even compatible with my old LSP 2.0x, the
compiler returns with a "Resource not found" bug box... in that case the two
formats agree up to a single resource type (with slightly different names)
I tried to "copy" the one into the other but that doesn't work...

Any comment will be seen as help
aTdHvAaNnKcSe                                Philippe

voirol@cis.ohio-state.edu
voirol%rcgl1@eng.ohio-state.edu

% "fancy-signature-file" not found

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (07/19/90)

In article <82245@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Philippe Voirol <voirol@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>Hello there,
>
>Does somebody know how to convert the .PLib libraries from the PEdit
>project that came with a previous LSP distribution disk to the new library
>format of Think Pascal 3.0x (without any resource fork) ?

	PEdit was part of Capps, not THINK Pascal.

	If you call our Tech Support department, I believe they will be
able to supply you with the Capps libraries in THINK Pascal 2.0 format,
which can be loaded by THINK Pascal 3.0 directly.

	You can also try using the "Convert .Lib => 2.0" utility which
comes with THINK Pascal 2.0 to convert the old-format libraries to 2.0
format.

R.
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"I have been known, on occasion, to howl at the moon."