[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp and split-views

kn@doc.ic.ac.uk (Keng Ng) (07/19/90)

I am trying to implement in MacApp a window with split views, as found in
MacBrows (formerly known as the Mouser). I understand that MacBrows's
implementation is based on a unit by by Douglas Stein. My questions are :

1) Does anyone know where this unit can be found, and whether it is in the
public domain ? Does it come with documentation ?

2) How robust is it ? If MacBrows uses it I guess it must be pretty stable.

3) Can someone e-mail me a copy if it is public domain ?

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------

Keng Ng
Dept of Computing
Imperial College
180 Queen's Gate
London SW7 2BZ
Tel: +44 71 589 5111 ext 5091

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (07/23/90)

In article <2113@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk> kn@doc.ic.ac.uk (Keng Ng) writes:
>I am trying to implement in MacApp a window with split views, as found in
>MacBrows (formerly known as the Mouser). I understand that MacBrows's
>implementation is based on a unit by by Douglas Stein. My questions are :
>
>1) Does anyone know where this unit can be found, and whether it is in the
>public domain ? Does it come with documentation ?
>
>2) How robust is it ? If MacBrows uses it I guess it must be pretty stable.
>
>3) Can someone e-mail me a copy if it is public domain ?

In the header of the file is the comment:

"Copyright (c) 1989 by BBN Systems and Technologies. All rights reserved."

This says to me that it's not in the public domain. On the other hand,
Doug did submit it as a utility for everyone. Unfortunately, I don't know
how you can get in touch with him to confirm this.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions