anderson@Apple.COM (Clark Anderson) (07/27/90)

From: ba0k+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brian Patrick Arnold):
>I, Brian P. Arnold, an admitted Engineer, refuse to use Fortran, on a
>Mac or on any computer ever.  There, I said it.  I've now broken with my
>past and can now live among the Mac hacker Cult...

Not quite. You also have to disavow the use of BASIC and COBOL...

                                       --clark

Clark Anderson                  InterNet:  anderson@apple.com
CPU Engineering                 AppleLink: C.ANDERSON
Apple Computer, Inc             BellNet:   408-974-4593

"I speak only for myself, much to my employer's relief..."

freek@fwi.uva.nl (Freek Wiedijk) (07/27/90)

In article <43384@apple.Apple.COM> anderson@Apple.COM (Clark Anderson) writes:

>From: ba0k+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brian Patrick Arnold):
>>I, Brian P. Arnold, an admitted Engineer, refuse to use Fortran, on a
>>Mac or on any computer ever.  There, I said it.  I've now broken with my
>>past and can now live among the Mac hacker Cult...
>
>Not quite. You also have to disavow the use of BASIC and COBOL...

What about disavowing "C"?

Freek "the Pistol Major" Wiedijk                  Path: uunet!fwi.uva.nl!freek
#P:+/ = #+/P?*+/ = i<<*+/P?*+/ = +/i<<**P?*+/ = +/(i<<*P?)*+/ = +/+/(i<<*P?)**

lins@Apple.COM (Chuck Lins) (07/28/90)

In article <1171@carol.fwi.uva.nl> freek@fwi.uva.nl (Freek Wiedijk) writes:
>In article <43384@apple.Apple.COM> anderson@Apple.COM (Clark Anderson) writes:
>>
>>From: ba0k+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brian Patrick Arnold):
>>>I, Brian P. Arnold, an admitted Engineer, refuse to use Fortran, on a
>>>Mac or on any computer ever.  There, I said it.  I've now broken with my
>>>past and can now live among the Mac hacker Cult...
>>
>>Not quite. You also have to disavow the use of BASIC and COBOL...
>
>What about disavowing "C"?

And giving total devotion to C++ :-) All praises to Barney! ;-)

--
Chuck Lins               | "Is this the kind of work you'd like to do?"
Apple Computer, Inc.     | -- Front 242