[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Why is there no Geneva 9 in the Chinese Control Panel?

jwwalker@usceast.UUCP (Jim Walker) (07/30/90)

When I tried a cdev of mine in the Chinese version of System 6.0.4, the
text showed up in Chicago 12 rather than the usual Geneva 9.  Therefore it
didn't all fit.  Yet the System file does contain Geneva 9.  Anyone
understand this?
--

   Jim Walker  jwwalker@cs.scarolina.edu  76367.2271@compuserve.com

lippin@twinkies.berkeley.edu (The Apathist) (07/31/90)

Recently jwwalker@usceast.UUCP (Jim Walker) wrote:

>When I tried a cdev of mine in the Chinese version of System 6.0.4, the
>text showed up in Chicago 12 rather than the usual Geneva 9.  Therefore it
>didn't all fit.  Yet the System file does contain Geneva 9.  Anyone
>understand this?

You probably asked for Geneva by TextFont(applFont).  On a non-roman
system, this will give the local application font, which will have
roman characters (looking like Chicago, perhaps) in it.

If you want Geneva, ask for it by name.  If you want the
roman-application-font, use GetScript with the smScriptAppFond verb to
get the true number.  Use similar techniques for the system font and,
when system 7 arrives, sizes for the various fonts.

					--Tom Lippincott
					  lippin@math.berkeley.edu

	"Thank you for observing all saftey precautions."
					--Dark Star