[comp.sys.mac.programmer] best way to print TN's on ImageWriter?

ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) (08/05/90)

Over the years the font used for the Tech Notes has changed.
It used to be that they printed just fine on an Imagewriter II.

Then they were formatted for a laserwriter, making Imagewriter
printout be fairly creepy.

This latest batch of Tech Notes apparently uses yet another
font.  The spacing in the old MacWrite is extremely far off.
Converting it to the new MacWrite format doesn't help.

Does anyone at Apple (or elsewhere) have any suggestions for
how to get the least-creepy printout from an Imagewriter II,
given that I don't seem to have the (Adobe?) font used to
generate the Tech Note?

Thanks!

-Ted

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (08/06/90)

In article <7430033@hpwrce.HP.COM> ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) writes:
>This latest batch of Tech Notes apparently uses yet another
>font.  The spacing in the old MacWrite is extremely far off.
>Converting it to the new MacWrite format doesn't help.

The screen fonts necessary for the Technical Notes are distributed with the
Technical Notes and available on the Apple FTP site as well as AppleLink.  As
long as you have Times and Courier installed, you should have no problems on
an ImageWriter.  It does help; however, to have the 24pt versions installed.

These fonts should be okay, as we decided upon this format only after test
printing on ImageWriters as well as LaserWriters for readability.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) (08/08/90)

>The screen fonts necessary for the Technical Notes are distributed with the
>Technical Notes and available on the Apple FTP site as well as AppleLink.  As

Aha, found 'em.

>long as you have Times and Courier installed, you should have no problems on
>an ImageWriter.  It does help; however, to have the 24pt versions installed.

Yup, that was the problem (no Times font).

Thanks!

-Ted