[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Mac TN's

jimc@isc-br.ISC-BR.COM (Jim Cathey) (08/10/90)

Speaking of the Tech Notes, for the first time ever when I went to
print them out (Mac 512KE, Sys 3.2, Finder 5.3, MacWrite 4.5 [4.6?],
MacDraw 1.9.5, LaserWriter [original]) the pictures came out all
screwed up.  Text was in the wrong fonts (chiefly Chicago), and extra
text items were scattered around with font names as the text.

Has the format of these notes changed from what it was in the past?  Is
this the sign of PICT2's or is something else wrong (like a virus)?

(Upgrading this Mac is not really an option, I'll be lucky to keep my
job as it is, much less replace this puppy.  Not to mention that the
corporate answer to "I need a new Mac" is "Use Windows 3.0.")

+----------------+
! II      CCCCCC !  Jim Cathey
! II  SSSSCC     !  ISC-Bunker Ramo
! II      CC     !  TAF-C8;  Spokane, WA  99220
! IISSSS  CC     !  UUCP: uunet!isc-br!jimc (jimc@isc-br.iscs.com)
! II      CCCCCC !  (509) 927-5757
+----------------+
			"With excitement like this, who is needing enemas?"

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (08/11/90)

In article <2907@isc-br.ISC-BR.COM> jimc@isc-br.ISC-BR.COM (Jim Cathey) writes:
>Speaking of the Tech Notes, for the first time ever when I went to
>print them out (Mac 512KE, Sys 3.2, Finder 5.3, MacWrite 4.5 [4.6?],
>MacDraw 1.9.5, LaserWriter [original]) the pictures came out all
>screwed up.  Text was in the wrong fonts (chiefly Chicago), and extra
>text items were scattered around with font names as the text.
>
>Has the format of these notes changed from what it was in the past?  Is
>this the sign of PICT2's or is something else wrong (like a virus)?

Once again, this sounds like a font problem.  You must have the fonts from
the suitcase file shipped with Technical Notes for them to print correctly.
Check the FTP site, AppleLink, or the distribution disks from APDA for these
font files.  These MacWrite files are also formatted for LaserWriter driver
6.0, and earlier versions may result in different results-although this is
highly unlikely to cause the problems described.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_