[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Untrashing a disk

JKMJJ@CUNYVM (08/16/90)

My Brother in law has a disk that he knows has stuff on it.
When he puts it into his Mac 512, he gets a message "Disk is
unreadable do you want to initialize it".  He doesnt want to
initalize it, he wants the data.  He said he tried Disk First
Aid and that did not work.

Can anyone recommend a program that will allow him to retrieve
his data?

I would appreciate a direct reply, since I am not a regular user
of this newsgroup.  I will however check this newsgroup if you
choose not to reply directly.

Thanks to everyone.

-------
Jack Meth
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
New York, NY 10019
BITNET JKMJJ@CUNYVM

"When all is said and done, more is said than done." A.E.N.

wbridgm@hubcap.clemson.edu (william t bridgman) (08/17/90)

In article <90227.202751JKMJJ@CUNYVM.BITNET>, JKMJJ@CUNYVM writes:
> My Brother in law has a disk that he knows has stuff on it.
> When he puts it into his Mac 512, he gets a message "Disk is
> unreadable do you want to initialize it".  He doesnt want to
> initalize it, he wants the data.  He said he tried Disk First
> Aid and that did not work.
>
> Can anyone recommend a program that will allow him to retrieve
> his data?

There is a utility available through SUMEX called Floppy Fixer or
something like that.  I had an identical problem on my Mac about two
months ago.  This utility managed to recover every file on the diskette.

|  William T. "Tom" Bridgman         | wbridgm@hubcap.clemson.edu     |
|  Department of Physics & Astronomy |                                |
|  Clemson University                |"Black Holes under Construction.|
|  Clemson, SC   29634               |       WATCH YOUR STEP!"        |