[comp.sys.mac.programmer] _delete and _rename with inline in MacPascal?

bmyers@garnet.berkeley.edu (Brian Myers) (08/17/90)

 I am working in MacPascal.  (I have to; that's not negotiable.)  This
package, because it's intended for educational use, gives you access to
a lot of the Mac traps only through inlines.  Whenever I try to delete
or rename a file using the low-level file i/o routines Delete and Rename,
I get an error message saying "an invalid trap number has been given to
inline or generic."  I have double checked the trap numbers in several
references, and they are correct.  Any ideas?

Brian

Brian Myers					 bmyers@garnet.berkeley.edu

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (08/17/90)

In article <1990Aug17.063356.20418@agate.berkeley.edu> bmyers@garnet.berkeley.edu (Brian Myers) writes:

> I am working in MacPascal.  (I have to; that's not negotiable.)  This
>package, because it's intended for educational use, gives you access to
>a lot of the Mac traps only through inlines.  Whenever I try to delete
>or rename a file using the low-level file i/o routines Delete and Rename,
>I get an error message saying "an invalid trap number has been given to
>inline or generic."  I have double checked the trap numbers in several
>references, and they are correct.  Any ideas?

	_Rename and _Delete are register-based traps, so you need to
use the Generic trap interface, instead of Inline.

R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"Who could sleep when there's a hunk with no clothes on wandering around
at five in the morning, knocking over furniture?"