[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp, C++, Link

dhoyt@vw.acs.umn.edu (08/17/90)

simple C++ MacApp program.  However, when I try to link the puppy I get an
error message about the debug segment being too large (36k or so) and something
about it being unable to build jump tables for five or so methods.  This is
linker error #50.  The -ss option on the Link command seems to have no effect.
What's the scoop?  Can't MacApp, or the Linker handle methods in segments
larger than 32KB?  If not, why?  If yes, how?

david paul hoyt | dhoyt@vx.acs.umn.edu | dhoyt@umnacvx.bitnet

sabbagh@acf5.NYU.EDU (sabbagh) (08/19/90)

In article <2091@ux.acs.umn.edu> dhoyt@vw.acs.umn.edu writes:
>simple C++ MacApp program.  However, when I try to link the puppy I get an
>error message about the debug segment being too large (36k or so) and something
>about it being unable to build jump tables for five or so methods.  This is
>linker error #50.  The -ss option on the Link command seems to have no effect.
>What's the scoop?  Can't MacApp, or the Linker handle methods in segments
>larger than 32KB?  If not, why?  If yes, how?

Increase the amount of memory allocated to MPW to 2048K bytes or more
using the Get Info (command-I) menu item in Finder.  I have mine set
to 3M which is just right.

Hadil G. Sabbagh
E-mail:		sabbagh@csd27.nyu.edu
Voice:		(212) 998-3125
Snail:		Courant Institute of Math. Sci.
		251 Mercer St.
		New York,NY 10012

"'He was killed by the usual cabal: by himself, first of all; by the woman
  he knew; by the woman he did not know; by the man who granted his inmost
  wish; and by the inevitable fifth, who was keeper of his conscience and
  keeper of the stone.'"	-R. Davies, "Fifth Business"