[comp.sys.mac.programmer] C Compiler Recommendations

Kessells_SR@cc.curtin.edu.au (08/14/90)

Hi,

	Could someone recommend a good (preferably the best and the
cheapest) C compiler for the MAC. I have limited experience on the Mac
and would like to be able to use my favourite language which I use on
both Unix and MS-DOS (Turbo-C) systems.

						Thanks in advance
						Paul Vowles

 Internet:	TKESSELLS01@cc.curtin.edu.au
 ACSnet:	TKESSELLS01@cc.cut.oz.au
 Bitnet:	TKESSELLS01%cc.curtin.edu.au@cunyvm.bitnet
 UUCP:		uunet!munnari.oz!cc.curtin.edu.au!TKESSELLS01
	"I hate Mondays !!" -- Garfield

cory@three.mv.com (Cory Kempf) (08/22/90)

Kessells_SR@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:

>Hi,

>	Could someone recommend a good (preferably the best and the
>cheapest) C compiler for the MAC. I have limited experience on the Mac
>and would like to be able to use my favourite language which I use on
>both Unix and MS-DOS (Turbo-C) systems.

Sounds like you want Think C.  It has an interface that is vaguely
similar to that of Turbo, and (again, like turbo) is one of the two
mainstream Mac C compilers.  Most Mail order houses carry it.

+C
--
Cory Kempf				I do speak for the company (sometimes).
The EnigamI Co.							603 883 2474