[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW reference books?

bobj@hpindwa.HP.COM (Bob Joslin) (08/23/90)

Does anyone know of the titles, publishers, authors or ISBNs of some
MPW reference books.  I'm looking for some good (detailed) books that
describe the MPW programming environment, and also MPW C.

I've been to several book stores (including Computer Literacy, a huge
computer book store here in the South Bay.)  I haven't found anything,
though I have heard that these books do exist!

Thanks in advance.

Bob Joslin

cy@dbase.A-T.COM (Cy Shuster) (08/24/90)

In article <36690004@hpindwa.HP.COM> bobj@hpindwa.HP.COM (Bob Joslin) writes:
>Does anyone know of the titles, publishers, authors or ISBNs of some
>MPW reference books.  I'm looking for some good (detailed) books that
>describe the MPW programming environment, and also MPW C.

My MPW Bible is Joel West's "Programming With Macintosh Programmer's
Workshop", Bantam, 1987, ISBN 0-553-34436-6. It covers scripting and
the whole MPW environment, and also manages to cover C, Pascal, and
Macapp (750 pp.!). List is $29.95.

--Cy--
cy@dbase.a-t.com