[comp.sys.mac.programmer] InitTracker/Suitcase conflict??

phd11@.uk.ac.keele (Zipzoid) (08/21/90)

hi Netters,

Does anyone know if there is a version of InitTracker that works with
Suitcase?. This remarkable little program (InitTracker) tells you all sorts
of info. about inits etc. (what traps they patch, how much hi-memory they
use and what globals they mess about with).
It seems a very powerful tool if you're trying to track down the problem
in an init conflict (ie if they're both patching a trap, could one of them
be doing it incorrectly...)

But, like I said, it doesn't seem to like Suitcase, info is written to
a file about the inits trakced, but the system blows up (ID=2, but with a
resume button), when Suitcase is about to load.

System: Mac+. 1Mb Sys 6.0.3, Suitcase version 1

Thanks for any help,
--
Tony McDonald (Tones)
                                JANET:    phd11@uk.ac.kl.seq1

jwwalker@usceast.UUCP (Jim Walker) (08/21/90)

In article <577@keele.keele.ac.uk> phd11@.uk.ac.keele (Zipzoid) writes:
>Does anyone know if there is a version of InitTracker that works with
>Suitcase?.
[stuff deleted]

You could use INIT-Scope instead.  It does the same stuff, it's free, and
it gets along fine with Suitcase II.
--

   Jim Walker  jwwalker@cs.scarolina.edu  76367.2271@compuserve.com

boris@world.std.com (Boris Levitin) (08/27/90)

phd11@.uk.ac.keele (Zipzoid) writes:

>hi Netters,

>Does anyone know if there is a version of InitTracker that works with
>Suitcase?. This remarkable little program (InitTracker) tells you all sorts
>of info. about inits etc. (what traps they patch, how much hi-memory they
>use and what globals they mess about with).
>It seems a very powerful tool if you're trying to track down the problem
>in an init conflict (ie if they're both patching a trap, could one of them
>be doing it incorrectly...)

>But, like I said, it doesn't seem to like Suitcase, info is written to
>a file about the inits trakced, but the system blows up (ID=2, but with a
>resume button), when Suitcase is about to load.

>System: Mac+. 1Mb Sys 6.0.3, Suitcase version 1

>Thanks for any help,
>--
>Tony McDonald (Tones)
>                                JANET:    phd11@uk.ac.kl.seq1
>               ~ *              ARPANET:  phd11@seq1.kl.ac.uk
>               \_/              BITNET:   phd11%uk.ac.kl.seq1@ukacrl

InitTracker works fine with Suitcase II 1.2.6.

Boris Levitin
WGBH Public Broadcasting, Boston                         boris@world.std.com
Audience & Marketing Research              wgbx!boris_levitin@athena.mit.edu
(The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily coincide
with those of my employer or anyone else.  The WGBH tag is for ID only.)