[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Macintalk docs wanted

chopp@math.berkeley.edu (08/30/90)

Does anyone know where I can get the current docs for Macintalk.  In particular
I want to use this with TC4.0 and couldn't find either the Macintalk.lib or
any kind of useful header files on any of the TC disks.  I have programmed
Macintalk several years ago using MegaMax C, but don't remember all the
necessary information.

Thanks for the help...

Dave Chopp
chopp@math.berkeley.edu

mil@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Maria I. Lasaga) (08/30/90)

     In <1990Aug29.203458.7343@agate.berkeley.edu> usenet@agate.berkeley.edu
(USENET Administrator;;;;ZU44) writes:

> Does anyone know where I can get the current docs for Macintalk. In particular
> I want to use this with TC4.0 and couldn't find either the Macintalk.lib or
> any kind of useful header files on any of the TC disks.  I have programmed
> Macintalk several years ago using MegaMax C, but don't remember all the
> necessary information.

> Thanks for the help...

> Dave Chopp
> chopp@math.berkeley.edu

You can call Symantec's technical support number and ask for this information.
They will send you a disk with Macintalk, the necessary Macintalk headers,
and sample code.  (I recently requested and received the same information for
use with Think Pascal.  Symantec sent the information very promptly.)

Maria Lasaga
Dept. of Psychology
Gilmer Hall
University of Virginia