[comp.sys.mac.programmer] redrawing part of window

chris@trumpet.cit.cornell.edu (09/11/90)

I know the usual way of redrawing a window when you scroll is to use
EraseRect(), but I have a big PICT in a window and I'd like to just
draw the part that needs updating.  Does anyone have any routines for this,
or hints as to how to go about it?  Thanks.
Chris Stuart
215 CCC
Cornell University
Ithaca, New York  14853
chris@trumpet.cit.cornell.edu

stevec@Apple.COM (Steve Christensen) (09/11/90)

chris@trumpet.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>I know the usual way of redrawing a window when you scroll is to use
>EraseRect(), but I have a big PICT in a window and I'd like to just
>draw the part that needs updating.  Does anyone have any routines for this,
>or hints as to how to go about it?  Thanks.

How about using ScrollRect() to scroll that portion of the window containing
the picture.  Specify an update region, and then use the region's rgnBBounds
to determine how much of the picture needs to be re-drawn.  Your picture
drawing routine could always have a rectangle passed to it that specifies
how much of the picture to draw...

steve

  Steve Christensen             Internet:   stevec@goofy.apple.com
  Apple Computer, Inc.          AppleLink:  STEVEC
  20525 Mariani Ave, MS 81-CS   CompuServe: 76174,1712
  Cupertino, CA  95014

  "You just contradicted me."  "No I didn't."