[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Multifinder Help

leyser@nitrex.UUCP (Jeff Leyser) (09/13/90)

There just gotta be a fix for this:

When run without the debugger (either in THINK C, or as an app from the
Finder), my application initially draws all the opening dialogs and
windows in the background.  But then, as soon the program enters the event
loop, it pops into the foreground.  I've tried just about everything I can
think of, but nothing seems to help!

Anyone ever solve this problem before??

			Well, I still look like hell,
			so I thought I could handle
			your trial summations.  We're
			talkin' SERIOUS jury sympathy
			here.......Ken?  Hello?
			Ken, I'm joking.
						No, no.  Send me some
						polaroids.  Let me discuss
						it with the partners.
--
Jeff Leyser			Hey, would *you* be a spokesman for
leyser@nitrex.UUCP.		a Big Oil Company(tm)?

gerhard@cs.arizona.edu (Gerhard Mehldau) (09/13/90)

In article <483@nitrex.UUCP>, leyser@nitrex.UUCP (Jeff Leyser) writes:

> When run without the debugger (either in THINK C, or as an app from the
> Finder), my application initially draws all the opening dialogs and
> windows in the background.  But then, as soon the program enters the event
> loop, it pops into the foreground.  I've tried just about everything I can
> think of, but nothing seems to help!

> Anyone ever solve this problem before??

  Sounds familiar.  All you need to do is call EventAvail(everyEvent,&event)
  a few times (3-5) before you open any dialogs or windows.  That should fix
  your problem.

> Jeff Leyser			Hey, would *you* be a spokesman for
> leyser@nitrex.UUCP.		a Big Oil Company(tm)?

- Gerhard

--
-> Gerhard Mehldau
   Dept. of Computer Science	internet: gerhard@cs.arizona.edu
   University of Arizona	uucp:     {cmcl2,noao,uunet}!arizona!gerhard
   Tucson, AZ 85721, U.S.A.	voice:    +1 (602) 621-4632