[comp.sys.mac.programmer] _SSNG, _SUNI, _SMEM in Think Pascal

siegel@endor.uucp (Rich Siegel) (09/20/90)

In article <1990Sep20.150953.25735@portia.Stanford.EDU> ralphm@portia.Stanford.EDU (Ralph Melton) writes:
>I'm attempting to compile my project in Think Pascal (using the Class Library).
>However, the link fails with these link errors:
>
>undefined: _SMEM (SortGraphUtils.p)
>undefined: _SSNG (SortGraphUtils.p)
>undefined: _SMEM (SortGraphUtils.p)

	These are routines for manipulating large sets of INTEGER. They're
defined in Runtime.Lib; I expect you're using (mu)Runtime.Lib, which
only defines the operations for small sets.

R.

 Rich Siegel	Software Engineer	Symantec Languages Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu	UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

I hate fascist Pnews implementations which limit the .signature to 4 lines.

ralphm@portia.Stanford.EDU (Ralph Melton) (09/20/90)

I'm attempting to compile my project in Think Pascal (using the Class Library).
However, the link fails with these link errors:

undefined: _SMEM (SortGraphUtils.p)
undefined: _SSNG (SortGraphUtils.p)
undefined: _SMEM (SortGraphUtils.p)

It's true enough that I didn't define these, but I didn't declare them either.
SortGraphUtils is a small and simple unit; four procedures that shell for
method executions, so I can pass these to gApplication.itsDirectors.doForEach,
two global booleans, and an integer-to-string conversion routine.

What are these mysterious undefined beasties, and why should they rear their
ugly heads here?  And most importantly, how can I banish them from my link
errors?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ralph Melton
--