[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THINK C 4.0.3

billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Bollinger) (09/20/90)

Has anyone seen THINK C 4.0.3?  I have a debugger update which
is supposed to work with System 7.0, but it only works with THINK
C 4.0.2.

-Steve Bollinger

niko@du248-16.cc.iastate.edu (Schuessler Nikolaus E) (09/20/90)

In article <1990Sep20.001205.22480@caen.engin.umich.edu> billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Bollinger) writes:
>Has anyone seen THINK C 4.0.3?  I have a debugger update which
>is supposed to work with System 7.0, but it only works with THINK
>C 4.0.2.
(You mean 4.03 here, right?)

>-Steve Bollinger

The updates to 4.0.3 (so far as i can tell from watching all the net traffic)
are included on a CD-ROM distributed to "registered developers".
(That's essentially a commertial group, right?) I believe system 7.0 and
Inside Macintosh VI also come with or shortly thereafter... I don't know
for sure...

Niko Schuessler               "On a two semester mission to engineer where
niko@iastate.edu               no-one has engineered before.... :-) "

phils@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Phil Shapiro) (09/20/90)

In article <1990Sep20.004815.25766@news.iastate.edu> niko@du248-16.cc.iastate.edu (Schuessler Nikolaus E) writes:
   In article <1990Sep20.001205.22480@caen.engin.umich.edu> billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Bollinger) writes:
>   >Has anyone seen THINK C 4.0.3?  I have a debugger update which
>   >is supposed to work with System 7.0, but it only works with THINK
>   >C 4.0.2.
>   (You mean 4.03 here, right?)
>   >
>   >-Steve Bollinger
>
>   The updates to 4.0.3 (so far as i can tell from watching all the net traffic)
>   are included on a CD-ROM distributed to "registered developers".
>   (That's essentially a commertial group, right?) I believe system 7.0 and
>   Inside Macintosh VI also come with or shortly thereafter... I don't know
>   for sure...
>
>   Niko Schuessler               "On a two semester mission to engineer where

The THINK C 4.0.3 'update' is only of use to developers working with
alpha versions of system 7.0.  If you are one of these developers,
you've got the 'Big Bang' CD-ROM which has the update on it.  If you
have an AppleLink account, it's in "Macintosh Developer Technical
Support:System Software 7.0:" folder.  If you're not developing using
7.0, ThC 4.0.3 is of no use to you.

	-phil shapiro, symantec tech support
--
Phil Shapiro
phils@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu

billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Bollinger) (09/21/90)

In article <PHILS.90Sep20091011@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu>, phils@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Phil Shapiro) writes:

> In article <1990Sep20.004815.25766@news.iastate.edu> niko@du248-16.cc.iastate.edu (Schuessler Nikolaus E) writes:
>    In article <1990Sep20.001205.22480@caen.engin.umich.edu> billkatt@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Steve Bollinger) writes:
> >   >Has anyone seen THINK C 4.0.3?  I have a debugger update which
> >   >is supposed to work with System 7.0, but it only works with THINK
> >   >C 4.0.3.
> >   (You mean 4.03 here, right?)
> >   >
> >   >-Steve Bollinger
> >
> >   The updates to 4.0.3 (so far as i can tell from watching all the net traffic)
> >   are included on a CD-ROM distributed to "registered developers".
> >   (That's essentially a commertial group, right?) I believe system 7.0 and
> >   Inside Macintosh VI also come with or shortly thereafter... I don't know
> >   for sure...
> >
> >   Niko Schuessler               "On a two semester mission to engineer where
>
> The THINK C 4.0.3 'update' is only of use to developers working with
> alpha versions of system 7.0.  If you are one of these developers,
> you've got the 'Big Bang' CD-ROM which has the update on it.  If you
> have an AppleLink account, it's in "Macintosh Developer Technical
> Support:System Software 7.0:" folder.  If you're not developing using
> 7.0, ThC 4.0.3 is of no use to you.

Hm.., well, for the record, I have the "big bang" CD, and the updater to THINK C 4.0.1 is
on there, not 4.0.3.  Which was a let down, since I had 4.0.2 before I went to the WWDC.

4.0.3 isn't on "Discy Business" or "Discy Business: the Real One", either.  Maybe "Night of
the Living Disc", eh?

As for AppleLink..., well, there's an interesting story there, but that isn't a viable option
for me.

-Steve Bollinger

phils@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Phil Shapiro) (09/21/90)

Forgive me, it's not on the 'Big Bang' CD... you'll have to use
AppleLink to retrieve it.

	-phil
--
Phil Shapiro