[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Think C console window size

blostein@qucis.queensu.ca (Dorothea Blostein) (09/19/90)

Think C provides an automatically-created "console window" for programs
using unix-type I/O (printf, scanf).  This console window is full-size
when the program is run without multifinder, but under multifinder the
console window is very small.  Giving the application more memory does
not seem to help.  How do I get a bigger console window?

    Thanks!
    Dorothea Blostein
    Queen's University

lindahl@violet.berkeley.edu (Ken Lindahl 642-0866) (09/20/90)

In article <900@qusunc.queensu.CA> blostein@qucis.queensu.ca (Dorothea Blostein) writes:
>Think C provides an automatically-created "console window" for programs
>using unix-type I/O (printf, scanf).  This console window is full-size
>when the program is run without multifinder, but under multifinder the
>console window is very small.  Giving the application more memory does
>not seem to help.  How do I get a bigger console window?
>
>    Thanks!
>    Dorothea Blostein
>    Queen's University

The is a global structure that you can poke to change the console
window size, title, font, etc. It is described in an appendix or
chapter in the "library reference" manual that comes with THINK
C 4 (the smaller of the two manuals).

However, I don't recall any mention of this strange behavior under
MultiFinder. Futhermore, I almost always run under MultiFinder and
I've never observed this behavior. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Ken Lindahl				lindahl@violet.berkeley.edu
Advanced Technology Planning,
Information Systems and Technology
University of California at Berkeley

blostein@qucis.queensu.CA (Dorothea Blostein) (09/22/90)

This problem has been solved via email correspondence.  In Think C version 3.0
there is a _HALFWINDOW_ compilation flag that has to be removed from the
stdio library.

Thanks to all who replied!
    Dorothea