[comp.sys.mac.programmer] The DTS Tech Notes files...

consp22@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Darren Handler) (09/14/90)

Hey, are there text file versions of all the DTS Tech notes available
anywhere.  This would be neat to have on a big computer somewhere for
grepping through and stuff. If it isn't available, are any of you
interesed in starting a project to do such a thing?

|  Consp22@Bingsuns.pod.binghamton.edu  |  SUNY-B Computer Consultants -      |
|  Consp22@Bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu   |  Trying to keep the world safe from |
|---------------------------------------|  the SUNY-B Computer users.         |
|  Consultant/Techie - World Computers  |-------------------------------------|
|  Computer Cons. - SUNY Binghamton     |     Darren `Mac Hack' Handler       |
 Dis: I don't speak for the SUNY-B Comp.Ctr.; it uses up too much account time

francis@magrathea.uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (09/25/90)

In article <4012@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp22@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Darren Handler) writes:
>Hey, are there text file versions of all the DTS Tech notes available
>anywhere.  This would be neat to have on a big computer somewhere for
>grepping through and stuff. If it isn't available, are any of you
>interesed in starting a project to do such a thing?

Sure, they're around.  I've seen them in MacWrite format; they'd be fairly easy to put into ASCII.  Of course, I'm not sure grep is what you want to do to them.
You'd either have to combine them into one multi-MB file (grep then gets slow)
or grep through many different files.

Of course, you could write something that would concurrently grep all your
stuff, then have the first one to find what you're looking for kill off the
others.  I think a perverted index would be nicer.

	Francis Stracke
	I'm just Department property (grad student).  I don't speak for it.