[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Stand-alone gawk for the Mac

tcm@moscom.UUCP (Tom Maszerowski) (09/26/90)

I have ported the GNU version of awk, gawk, to the Macintosh using
THINK C 4.0.2. It is based on gawk version 2.11 and has been only
slightly modified. I made the code more ANSI ( at least THINK's
idea of ANSI ) - compliant and only needed to "fix" a couple of
function calls. These include popen(), pclose(), fork(), and dup2().
Documentation and full source, as required by the GNU Copyleft, are
included.

The problem is how do I distribute this? I would like to make it
widely available. My work site does not have ftp access to the net.
I have net access through my grad student account but can't offer
anonymous ftp. If I post it to comp.binaries.mac, will one of the
archive sites, like sumex, get it?

Thanks in advance.

--
Tom Maszerowski	tcm@moscom.com
		{rit,tropix,ur-valhalla}!moscom!tcm

steve@hp-ptp.HP.COM (Steve Witten) (09/28/90)

/ hp-ptp:comp.sys.mac.programmer / tcm@moscom.UUCP (Tom Maszerowski) /  9:51 am  Sep 26, 1990 /
> I have ported the GNU version of awk, gawk, to the Macintosh using
> THINK C 4.0.2. It is based on gawk version 2.11 and has been only
> slightly modified. I made the code more ANSI ( at least THINK's
> idea of ANSI ) - compliant and only needed to "fix" a couple of
> function calls. These include popen(), pclose(), fork(), and dup2().
> Documentation and full source, as required by the GNU Copyleft, are
> included.
>
> The problem is how do I distribute this? I would like to make it
> widely available. My work site does not have ftp access to the net.
> I have net access through my grad student account but can't offer
> anonymous ftp. If I post it to comp.binaries.mac, will one of the
> archive sites, like sumex, get it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Tom Maszerowski	tcm@moscom.com
> 		{rit,tropix,ur-valhalla}!moscom!tcm
> *** Note Changed uucp Address ***
> ----------

Please post this to comp.binaries.mac.  I have been looking for it for
a long time...  The last copy of GNU gawk I got was a buggy port for
DOS. I gave up on it...

Steve Witten                    steve%hp-ptp@hplabs.HP.COM
Precision Tools Program         {ucbvax, hplabs}!hp-ptp!steve
Hewlett-Packard Co.             steve@hp-ptp

KOFOID@cc.utah.edu (09/28/90)

Tom Maszerowski
(Group: comp.sys.mac.programmer, Item 12293
Subject: Stand-alone gawk for the Mac
From: tcm@moscom.UUCP (Tom Maszerowski), Moscom Corp., E. Rochester, NY
Date: 26 Sep 90 16:51:45 GMT)
writes:

<I have ported the GNU version of awk, gawk, to the Macintosh using
<...etc...
<The problem is how do I distribute this?
<...etc...
<Thanks in advance.
<--
<Tom Maszerowski tcm@moscom.com
<                {rit,tropix,ur-valhalla}!moscom!tcm
<*** Note Changed uucp Address ***

Why not e-mail it directly to the Sumex archives? The address is:

                  info-mac@sumex-aim.stanford.edu

Make sure you StuffIt and then BinHex the StuffIt file prior to mailing.

Cheers,

Eric.

|       Eric Kofoid; Dept. Biology, U. of Utah; SLC, UT 84112      |
|                          (801) 581-3592                          |
|                     kofoid@bioscience.utah.edu                   |
| -- The University of Utah is blameless for anything I've said -- |