[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Basic Help w/ ThinkC

niko@du248-16.cc.iastate.edu (Schuessler Nikolaus E) (10/08/90)

In article <30725@netnews.upenn.edu> eck@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Brian Eck) writes:

>   I'm trying to write a series of string values to the screen in Think C.  I
>have an array called grid[x][y], and I want to (basically) draw the values
>of the array on the screen...I tried DrawString(grid[x][y]), but got garbage.
>Thanks in advance...
>

>Brian
>eck@eniac.seas.upenn.edu

My first guess would be that you haven't converted the C string to a pascal
string. Use CtoPstr().  You can use sprintf() (which formats data and puts
into a string variable you supply) and call CtoPstr(). CtoPstr changes
the C string (terminated in 0x00) to a pascal string (bytecount first
then the string). Remember, all routines have PASCAL calling conventions.

Niko Schuessler               "On a two semester mission to engineer where
niko@iastate.edu               no-one has engineered before.... :-) "