[comp.sys.mac.programmer] PopUpFuncs 2.0

leonardr@svc.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) (10/09/90)

I've been following the Think C/Think Pascal discussions with interest and
thought I would jump in with some information about a new product I just
got (see ad in latest MacTutor, pg. 52) called PopUpFuncs v2.0.

PUF (as it is lovingly referred to) is an add-on (via an installer) for both
Think C and MPW 3.x.  It provides for these products something that was
previously available only in Think Pascal - a popUp list of functions in the
current window (hence the name).   It not only understands standard C code,
but also handles C with object extentions (Think's), C++, Pascal and Rez
source so that you can easily navigate ALL of your source files.

In addition to this WONDERFUL ability, it also provides 'Mark'ing for Think
C users.  You can setup 'marks' in the code using a #pragma Mark command,
and all marks will also show up in the popUp.  It also understands nested
procedures (for Pascal users), and indents the popUp appropriately.

It provides one other neat advantage over other such products, in that it
supports external commands called XPOPs.  XPOPs are similiar in concept to
XCMDs or other externals, and in this case provide a way to add your own
commands to PUF.  These XPOPs operate on the current selection, or the whole
file, as they choose.  They can be language specific, or not.  It comes with
a Comment/UnComment XPOP for quick block comments.  Source and documentation
is included for writing your own.

Enough drooling out there....PUF 2.0 is a commercial product by SciComp
Software, and sells for $45 (US).  To order contact:

SciComp Software
2912 Claremont Ave.  #21
Berkeley, CA  94705
(415) 649-8525

Disclaimer: SciComp Software is located across the street from me, and as
such I am familiar with the author.  I, however, have no financial interest
in SciComp and could care less whether it survives.  I do, however, feel
that PUF is a wonderful product and WELL WORTH the $$.
--
Leonard Rosenthol
Software Ventures Corp.

greggor@Apple.COM (Greg L. Anderson) (10/09/90)

In article <1990Oct8.194601.26085@svc.portal.com> leonardr@svc.portal.com (Leonard Rosenthol) writes:
>Enough drooling out there....PUF 2.0 is a commercial product by SciComp
>Software, and sells for $45 (US).  To order contact:

For those of you using only Think C, you might want to look at CMarker,
only $20 shareware.  It supports #pragma mark and also interprets code
within your Think .c files.

My Disclaimer:  I have no affiliation with the author of CMarker, but I
		use the product all the time.

I think CMarker was posted to comp.sys.mac.binaries a while ago.  I'm not
sure where you can get it now.

--
  ___\    /___       Greg Anderson (6 kyu)      ___\    /___   . O . "Pon Nuki
  \   \  /   /     Advanced Technology Group    \   \  /   /   O . O  is ideal