[comp.sys.mac.programmer] QuickDraw coordinate limits ?

james@astro.uucp (James McCartney) (10/09/90)

    I've noticed that QuickDraw often fails when coordinates are
near or greater than 16000. What are the bounds within which
Quickdraw is guaranteed to work? In particular I'm trying to get
FrameArc to draw a circular arc of radius 702 about a center of
(14977,14965) at an angle of 91 and arclength 84. It fails to
complete the arc. Note that I am not talking about gaps in elipses
here, this is a circular arc.
    You may wonder who needs to draw at such large coordinates.
There are reasons...

 --- james mccartney

In article <1990Oct8.175524.25056@astro.uucp> james@astro.uucp (James McCartney) writes:

>    I've noticed that QuickDraw often fails when coordinates are
>near or greater than 16000. What are the bounds within which
>Quickdraw is guaranteed to work? In particular I'm trying to get
>FrameArc to draw a circular arc of radius 702 about a center of
>(14977,14965) at an angle of 91 and arclength 84. It fails to
>complete the arc. Note that I am not talking about gaps in elipses
>here, this is a circular arc.
>    You may wonder who needs to draw at such large coordinates.
>There are reasons...

QD.nonbuggyrect = (-16384, -16384, 16383, 16383)
We want our MSB back :-)