[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THink * wishes

jtt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (James T. Tanis) (09/25/90)

In article <12126@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> weesh@crd.ge.com (Darweesh) writes:

>..........Version Management as in RCS type stuff in unix.
>Make it possible to create/recreate any of the versions of a project that
>ever were.

>-Mike Darweesh

Yeah! and give it to think C users too!

the lightspeed/Think/Symantec environment is just great - I prefer it even
to cc, but it _really_ does need something like RCS.

Source formatting like emacs and think Pascal would be nice to see in C
as well...  If you use something like f/lex for parsing it
shouldn't be too hard. :-)

All in all, though, great product.

-JT

daves@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Dave Smith) (10/09/90)

I'd like the following:

   1) the ability to get the address of a string constant or literal so I
      can pass them as VAR or stringPtr parameters - for efficiency

   2) the ability to search backwards

   3) a cross reference tool - to display all uses of a symbol

   4) the ability to see the name of the procedure I'm editting (for
      large procedures) - useful after a search