[comp.sys.mac.programmer] ThinkC mailing list ?

sharp@cs-sun-fsa.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) (10/09/90)

     Some time ago there was a post about a mailing list for Think C.
I sent of a piece of email and nothing has happened. Can some
knowledgeable person post something on the disposition of this mailing
list ? Do I have the correct address (someone post it so I can check).

	thanx in advance
		 maurice

--
Maurice Sharp MSc. Student (403) 220 7690
University of Calgary Computer Science Department

nagel@wintermute.ics.uci.edu (Mark Nagel) (10/12/90)

In <1990Oct9.043220.6648@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> sharp@cs-sun-fsa.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Maurice Sharp) writes:

>     Some time ago there was a post about a mailing list for Think C.
>I sent of a piece of email and nothing has happened. Can some
>knowledgeable person post something on the disposition of this mailing
>list ? Do I have the correct address (someone post it so I can check).

It's that time again (time for me to handle billions and billions of
requests, that is :)

/*****************************************************************************/

		About... The Think C electronic mailing list

This list has been created to discuss topics of interest among users of
Symantec's Think C compiler for the Macintosh personal computer.  These
topics include:

	o programming tips and examples

	o discussion of compiler bugs and/or misfeatures and workarounds

	o questions related to programming the Macintosh with Think C and/or
	  object-oriented programming

One request: if someone submits a question on something that seems simple to
you, please remember that it will seem simple to many of the other 200+
subscribers to the list.  Please reply to the sender directly unless you
feel it is warranted to broadcast the reply.  The person who submitted the
question is urged to followup at some time in the future with a summary of
This simple rule will prevent much of the chaff that is present on many
mailing lists and newsgroups.

Requests for addition/deletion/address/questions changes should be sent to:

	think-c-request@ics.uci.edu

Submissions to the list should be sent to:

	think-c@ics.uci.edu

			About... The Think C Archive
			----------------------------

An archive of submitted source code and other packages related to Think C is
available from ics.uci.edu via two transfer methods:

	o anonymous ftp to ics.uci.edu (128.195.1.1)

	o automated e-mail archive server on ics.uci.edu

The archive is stored in /mac/think-c for ftp.  To use the archive server,
send mail to:

	archive-server@ics.uci.edu

Extensive help is available for this server by using a subject consisting of
the word "help."  For there, you should be able to determine how to navigate
the archive.

Submissions to the list may be accomplished in one of two ways:

	o use anonymous ftp to drop the submission in /incoming on
	  ics.uci.edu and send a note to think-c-request summarizing the
	  submission.

	o use electronic mail to send the submission to think-c-request.

After the submission has been moved to the proper directory in the archive,
a notice will be sent to the list describing the new addition(s) to the
archive.  These notices will always have subject headers of the form
'ARCHIVE: xxx', where xxx is a brief description of the new addition.

Mark Nagel <nagel@ics.uci.edu>
Department of Information and Computer Science
University of California
Irvine, CA  92717

--
Mark Nagel