[comp.sys.mac.programmer] ResEdit bug reports

CXT105@psuvm.psu.edu (Christopher Tate) (10/15/90)

How do I go about submitting a formal bug report for ResEdit 2.0b2?  I've
found a repeatable crash occuring in the menu editor (are we suprised? :)
and would like to let Apple know about it.

-------
Christopher Tate                          |
                                          | Are they purple, and eat people,
Uucp:  {...}!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!cxt105  | or do they just eat purple people?
Internet:  cxt105@psuvm.psu.edu           |

nick@cs.edinburgh.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (10/16/90)

In article <90288.003549CXT105@psuvm.psu.edu>, CXT105@psuvm.psu.edu (Christopher Tate) writes:
> How do I go about submitting a formal bug report for ResEdit 2.0b2?  I've
> found a repeatable crash occuring in the menu editor (are we suprised? :)
> and would like to let Apple know about it.

Try it with a different System *Folder* (e.g. boot off a floppy and don't
let the system switch to your HD). The problem might go away.

I don't know what caused this for me, but it was something to do with
the System Folder (and *not* the system files within it...). I created
a new system folder, copied all my system files into it, blessed the
new folder, and hey presto, end of problem...

		Nick.

--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!nick