[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Site licence for ETO from APDA?

DN5@psuvm.psu.edu (10/16/90)

Hi:

I am wondering about the availability of a Site Licence for the ETO disk
from APDA.  Right now we don't seem to have a high demand for MPW (we
have Turbo Pascal in our student labs), but I and a few others here use
it for development purposes.

HOWEVER, if a site licence would be viewed as a reasonable cost by our
higher-ups, then we might be able to purchace it.

We are in a strange situation, because Penn State has 22 branch campuses
scattered about Pennsylvania, plus the central campus, so location oriented
licences aren't always the best for us (although we can live with them).

I did see something a bit ago about a site licence for MPW, so maybe they
have decided about ETO...?

Also, if APDA has any discount program for universities, I would like to
know.

                   Thanks!

ps: I will summarize for the net.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
D. Jay Newman                !  All syllogisms have three parts,
dn5@psuvm.psu.edu            !  therefore this is not a syllogism.
CBEL--Teaching and Learning Technologies Group

jordan@Apple.COM (Jordan Mattson) (10/18/90)

In article <90289.090738DN5@psuvm.psu.edu> DN5@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Hi:
>
>I am wondering about the availability of a Site Licence for the ETO disk
>from APDA.  Right now we don't seem to have a high demand for MPW (we
>have Turbo Pascal in our student labs), but I and a few others here use
>it for development purposes.
>
>HOWEVER, if a site licence would be viewed as a reasonable cost by our
>higher-ups, then we might be able to purchace it.
>
>We are in a strange situation, because Penn State has 22 branch campuses
>scattered about Pennsylvania, plus the central campus, so location oriented
>licences aren't always the best for us (although we can live with them).
>
>I did see something a bit ago about a site licence for MPW, so maybe they
>have decided about ETO...?
>
>Also, if APDA has any discount program for universities, I would like to
>know.
>
>                   Thanks!
>
>ps: I will summarize for the net.
>()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
>D. Jay Newman                !  All syllogisms have three parts,
>dn5@psuvm.psu.edu            !  therefore this is not a syllogism.
>CBEL--Teaching and Learning Technologies Group

Dear Jay -
  We were delayed in putting together the site licensing program for E.T.O.,
but we will rolling it out for E.T.O. #2.
  The site licesned version of E.T.O. will not include MPW C++, because
of licensing restrictions placed on us by AT&T.
  The pricing will probably be the cost of an MPW site license and a MacApp
site license.  A educational price is offered on both of these.
  For information on site licensing, contact Software Licensing by via
the the corporate operator (408-996-1010).

--

Jordan Mattson                         UUCP:      jordan@apple.apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.                   CSNET:     jordan@apple.CSNET