[comp.sys.mac.programmer] How to rotate PICTs?

cem@cs.brown.edu (Charles E. Moylan) (10/19/90)

I am writing a game that involves the use of many square-shaped PICT resources.  I'd like to be able to display them pointing up, down, left, or right.  Do
I have to include four PICTS for each image (one pointing in each direction)
in my resource file in a brute force approach or is there a nicer way
I could just have one PICT per image and internally rotate it?  How are PICTs stored? I take it that they are not bitmaps - hence my question on how to rotate them.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Charlie

francis@arthur.uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (10/19/90)

In article <53697@brunix.UUCP> cem@cs.brown.edu (Charles E. Moylan) writes:
>I am writing a game that involves the use of many square-shaped PICT resources.  I'd like to be able to display them pointing up, down, left, or right.  Do
>I have to include four PICTS for each image (one pointing in each direction)
>in my resource file in a brute force approach or is there a nicer way
>I could just have one PICT per image and internally rotate it?

Brute force would actually be faster.  If you really want, you can use the
QDProcs feature & tweak the coords when drawing your PICTs.

>How are PICTs stored? I take it that they are not bitmaps - hence my question
>on how to rotate them.  Thanks in advance for your help.

See IM V.  It's fairly straightforward, though huge.

| Francis Stracke		| My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|
| University of Chicago		| A mathematician is a professional	      |
| francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu	|   schizophrenic.--Me.		       	      |