[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Can "Mouser" be used with non-MacApp MPW OOP programs?

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (10/23/90)

-----

I was thumbing thru the latest APDAlog and I saw some screen shots of 'Mouser',
the utility that comes with MacApp which helps you go thru your classes, etc.

From what I could determine, Mouser is in the same class as ResEdit, i.e.
freely available although owned by Apple.  I don't have MacApp, but am going to
start getting into MPW C++ programming.  One of the big things holding me back
is SADE, i.e. I'm quite spoiled by the excellent THINK debuggers (esp. THINK
Pascal!  Why can't they make SADE a worksheet AND a graphical tool?).  Could I
use Mouser to help understand my MPW C++ programs, even if I'm not using
MacApp?

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct23.011333.19353@midway.uchicago.edu> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>-----
>
>I was thumbing thru the latest APDAlog and I saw some screen shots of 'Mouser',
>the utility that comes with MacApp which helps you go thru your classes, etc.
>
>From what I could determine, Mouser is in the same class as ResEdit, i.e.
>freely available although owned by Apple.  I don't have MacApp, but am going to
>start getting into MPW C++ programming.  One of the big things holding me back
>is SADE, i.e. I'm quite spoiled by the excellent THINK debuggers (esp. THINK
>Pascal!  Why can't they make SADE a worksheet AND a graphical tool?).  Could I
>use Mouser to help understand my MPW C++ programs, even if I'm not using
>MacApp?

Mouser can be used to parse and navigate through Object Pascal or C++
source files. Since Object Pascal is a superset of "regular" Pascal,
you can use it to parse Pascal source files, too.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions