[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Getting back in the swing

bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) (10/24/90)

After 3-4 years of no Macintosh programming to speak of, I now have decided
to retire the 512KE and get a IIsi.  Of course, things have changed since
then and I am now an utter novice again.

I have an old phonebook edition of Inside Mac (remember, there used to
be just one volume?) -- what do I have to read now to once again become
current, or at least less obsolescent, in my knowledge?
--
Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu

                 "Was all of this because I wore a big man's hat?"

casseres@apple.com (David Casseres) (10/24/90)

In article <3324@uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin@primate.wisc.edu (Brain in
Neutral) writes:
> I have an old phonebook edition of Inside Mac (remember, there used to
> be just one volume?) -- what do I have to read now to once again become
> current, or at least less obsolescent, in my knowledge?

Start by getting the current Inside Mac, and burn the phonebook edition --
or at least, lock it up as a valuable keepsake B^).  It was a preliminary
version, and contained a good deal of wrong information which has become
more wrong as the years have gone by.

For tutorial material to accompany IM, I like Chernicoff's "Macintosh
Revealed" volumes, and then there's the tech notes.  Gotta have the tech
notes!

David Casseres
     Exclaimer:  Hey!