[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Time setting Control in Control Panel

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (10/31/90)

Well, I have now gotten to one of those annoying pieces of code that
I am sure someone else has written but is just taking me far too
long. I want to implement the time setting feature that appears in
the General cdev; the one where you can toggle the time up and down
and each of the fields gets highlighted appropriately when you click
on them. I am also doing this in the Control Panel, though mine is
just being used to set a static time, so I don't need the clock to
show the constantly changing time. I just need the setting fuctionality.

Does anybody have a piece of code here? I am programming in THINK C,
but either Pascal or C would be fine. I know I have seen this exact
thing in a few places. Any help would be *GREATLY* appreciated, and
credited in the About box for that matter!

Thanks,
pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

lippin@ragu.berkeley.edu (The Apathist) (10/31/90)

Recently resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) wrote:
> I want to implement the time setting feature that appears in
>the General cdev; the one where you can toggle the time up and down
>and each of the fields gets highlighted appropriately when you click
>on them.

I don't have code for this, but Apple's made a fair start for you.
The time computation is handled by ToggleDate, described in the Script
Manager 2.0 docs, available from APDA or on the Developer CD.  It also
hanldes typing to replace the numbers.  Selection and display are up
to you.

					--Tom Lippincott
					  lippin@math.berkeley.edu

			"Time is time, mon."