[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Blinking Insertion Point

nuk@wpi.WPI.EDU (Jacob W Anderson) (10/31/90)

I am working on a program that need the user to input some vital info
inside a dialog box, but the problem is that when I call my filter
procedure and it returns FALSE, the blinking insertion point is non
existent.

In IM, it says that the use of MODALDIALG(filterproc:ptr,itemhit:integer)
will take care of the blinking cursor if the filterproc will return
false, is this true and my programming skills are not very good or what?
If you know how to do this, please tell me, I have tried to use the
TeIdle command in conjunction with the Dialog records textH field, but
this still does not work.    HELP?!?
	mail to:   nuk@wpi.wpi.edu

maller@applelink.apple.com (Steve Maller) (11/06/90)

In article <1990Oct31.024848.24733@wpi.WPI.EDU> nuk@wpi.WPI.EDU (Jacob W
Anderson) writes:
> In IM, it says that the use of MODALDIALG(filterproc:ptr,itemhit:integer)
> will take care of the blinking cursor if the filterproc will return
> false, is this true and my programming skills are not very good or what?

In order for the Dialog Manager to do your work for you, the editText item
in your DITL resource must be DISABLED.

Don't worry; this is a common misunderstanding...

Steve Maller                 Disclaimer: My wife doesn't want her name
Software Commando                        mentioned in this posting.
HyperCard Engineering Team
Apple Computer
stol Major" Wiedijk                      E-mail: freek@fwi.uva.nl