[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Accessing music cd's on apple and other cd rom drives.

elliston@av8tr.UUCP (Keith Elliston) (10/10/90)

Hello

I was wondering if there is any info on the routines necessary to access the
music track on audio cd roms from the apple cd sc, or other cd rom drives.
If there are any programs that do this, that info would be appreciated, and
if there are any canned libraries (Think C...) for doing this, that would
help a lot.

Thanks

Keith
uunet!av8tr!elliston
uunet!msdrl!elliston
Keith O. Elliston       |    .signature really under construction....
uunet!av8tr!elliston    |

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (11/07/90)

elliston@av8tr.UUCP (Keith Elliston) writes:

>I was wondering if there is any info on the routines necessary to access the
>music track on audio cd roms from the apple cd sc, or other cd rom drives.
>If there are any programs that do this, that info would be appreciated, and
>if there are any canned libraries (Think C...) for doing this, that would
>help a lot.

The AppleCD SC Developer's Guide is available from APDA.  It's got all
the information on calling the drive.  Apple Technical Report 16,
"CD-ROM and the Macintosh computer" is available from the Apple
Corporate Library.  The Hypercard CD Audio toolkit is available with
source from APDA, on the developer helper CD-ROM series, or on the
CD-ROM that comes with develop magazine.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"