[comp.sys.mac.programmer] PACK rsrc & Chooser

kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu (Ken Hancock) (11/07/90)

I'm writing an non-serial printer driver and wish to check the SysEnvirons
when it's selected in the chooser so that I can disallow the selection if
the environment isn't right.  So, I've included the PACK -4096 resource
with the appropriate header.  The problem is, no matter which flags I set,
whether it be the initMsg or the selectMsg, it never seems to call the code
at offset $10 pointed to by the first branch in the resource (IM IV-217).

I'm about to throw my monitor out the window in frustration.  Granted, I'm
on the first floor, but I'd rather solve my problem than trash my mac.
Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Thanks in advance --

Ken

(Environment: MPW 3.1/Multifinder/System 6.0.5/Mac IIcx)

--
Ken Hancock                   | INTERNET: kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu
Isle Systems                  | Disclaimer: My opinions are mine,

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (11/07/90)

In article <4610@husc6.harvard.edu>, kenh@hscfsas1.harvard.edu (Ken Hancock) writes:

> I'm writing an non-serial printer driver and wish to check the SysEnvirons
> when it's selected in the chooser so that I can disallow the selection if
> the environment isn't right.  So, I've included the PACK -4096 resource
> with the appropriate header.  The problem is, no matter which flags I set,
> whether it be the initMsg or the selectMsg, it never seems to call the code
> at offset $10 pointed to by the first branch in the resource (IM IV-217).

Have you been trying different flag setting in your RDEV?  The chooser
caches these the first time it sees you RDEV and late changes can
go unnoticed.  Try removing the RDEV and putting it back with a new
name to get the Chooser to reread the flags.

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   {apple,decwrl}!claris!outpost!peirce
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--         and Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554

stanbach@Apple.COM (Francis Stanbach) (11/08/90)

You can hold down Command & Option as you open the chooser
to rebuild the chooser's internal cache.

Francis
Ich bin auch Herr Chooser.
--
wmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwm
Francis Stanbach                          Finder Engineer Apple Computer, Inc.