[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THINK Pascal 3.01 Incompatible with System 7.0 beta?

boerned@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Dan Boerner) (11/08/90)

I just installed 7.0 Beta last weekend and while most programs work fine,
THINK Pascal 3.01 dies after I quit from a running project.

A buddy of mine used TMON to trace the problem and said that it was dying
after THINK Pascal issues an ExittoShell to return to its environment.

Has anyone else tried to run a THINK Pascal project under system 7.0b?
Is there a patch (Rich?) that we can get?

If it wasn't for this I could live under system 7.0b.

--
Dan  "user of every system software version since 1.0"

Dan Boerner                             Internet: boerned@cs.orst.edu
PhD Student, Oregon State University    UUCP:     tektronix!orstcs!boerned
Corvallis,Oregon 97331-3902             (503) 737-5582 or (503) 737-5583
"Working with MacApp to put the user in a shoebox in the bottom of THE closet"

phils@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Phil Shapiro) (11/08/90)

In article <21643@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> boerned@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Dan Boerner) writes:
   I just installed 7.0 Beta last weekend and while most programs work
   fine, THINK Pascal 3.01 dies after I quit from a running project.

Currently, we do not have a version of THINK Pascal that runs under
System 7.0b1.  This is something that we are working on.  As soon as
we have a working patch for System 7, it will be posted to the System
7 Developer's conference on AppleLink, or distributed with the next
CD-ROM.

Until then, developers are limited to writing their Pascal System 7
code under System 6.  We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

If you have any more comments about THINK Pascal (or C) and System 7,
please send them (or, at least, copies of them) to THINK.QA on
AppleLink.  (Internet: THINK.QA@AppleLink.apple.com)

	-phil
--
   Phil Shapiro                           Technical Support Analyst
   Language Products Group                     Symantec Corporation

siegel@endor.uucp (Rich Siegel) (11/09/90)

In article <21643@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> boerned@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Dan Boerner) writes:
>I just installed 7.0 Beta last weekend and while most programs work fine,
>THINK Pascal 3.01 dies after I quit from a running project.

	THINK Pascal does not work under System 7.0. A patch is currently
not available.

R.

 Rich Siegel	Software Engineer	Symantec Languages Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu	UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

If you have telekinetic powers, raise my hand.